Staff and Sixth Form students at The Chase School have been celebrating recently as the Charity Committee totalled up its fundraising activities over the past year to be over £5000. The committee, run by members of the Lower Sixth student body, has worked hard since September 2014 to raise funds for local, national and international charities and amassed an impressive £5148.53 in all. Of this, £600 is being donated to St Richard's Hospice, Worcester and £811 to The British Heart Foundation. Breast Cancer Care received £1000 of fundraising in the spring's "Wear it Pink Day" and the Nepalese Disasters Relief Committee were also the beneficiaries of over £1000 of fundraising from just a week's worth of events in school. Congratulations to all involved!!
What a fantastic day! Great weather and a great atmosphere for Sports Day 2015. Four records were beaten and there were many close calls! A special congratulations to 7WR who achieved the rare feat of having every single member of the form compete in at least one event! Click here for the full results.
- Year 7: 7ED in one of the closest competitions ever! Four forms separated by just 8 points!
- Year 8: 8QN despite only winning 2 events compared to 8PA who won 11!
- Year 9: 9MS by just 5 points from 9BM!
- Year 10: 10HV won by a whopping 139 points!
- Sarah-Jane Ollis beat the Year 7 Girls 200m record with a time of 29.4 secs achieved in both the heat and the final! The record of 30.1 secs stood for 41 years!
- Hayden Smy smashed the Year 8 Boys 300m record with a time of 44.7 seconds in his heat, and then 43.5 seconds in the final, eclipsing Patrick Oakley's time of 46.5 seconds set just two years ago.
- Holly Love broke the 1500m record for Year 8 Girls with a time of 5 minutes 32 seconds, two seconds quicker than the record that has stood since 1983.
- The Year 9 Girls 1500m record also tumbled, with Harriet Harnden setting a time of 5 minutes 33, one second quicker than the time set in 2011.
We have been informed by Worcestershire County Council today that a temporary timetable will operate on the ML05 & ML06 bus routes (CallowEnd/Madresfield areas) taking effect from today, 9th July 2015 until the end of the this term. We understand that drivers may have given students a revised timetable on their way home tonight, please check this, as we noticed a timetabling error on the homebound journey. The attached timetable is the correct version.
Please accept our apologies for the short notice and any inconvenience this may cause, WCC have informed us that this action was necessary to overcome a temporary shortage of bus drivers.